"The unfinished work of our heroes, truely must be our own."
The projects of the Sexto Sol Center are guided by our commitment to these ideals
Reverence for the Earth and the innate intelligence in the web of life
To promote collective action by people who need to solve shared problems or reach common goals
The right sharing of the world's resources, economic justice through fair trade
To advocate for the full participation of women in the economy and civil society
To advocate for the full participation of First Nations in policy making.
To improve the quality of life for children; eliminating barriers to education
To protect the watershed for all species
- To encourage local communities to be caretakers of the land
To disseminate ideas, appropriate technology and information that can make a tangible improvement in quality of life,
reduce environmental impact of human activity
To provide an alternative to the stereotypic view of the poor in developing countries so that
discussion of development be based in a realistic assessment of challenges they face and strengths they possess.
To encourage each person we serve to reach their full potential
To participate actively in the discovery of appropriate approaches to sustainable development
- Dispel racism, promote trust, and practice compassion
- Promote the new paradigm that sees all people as being connected
- Collaborate with like-minded individuals and organizations
- To encourage others to find their unique way to contribute to the betterment of our world
Changing the world for the better is a team effort!